Post Office Account Opening Opening a post office savings bank account sitting at home will open your account without any charge
Post Office Account Opening:- The Government of India adopts various strategies to maintain the importance of post offices across the country. For this reason, the benefits of most government programs are made available to the public only through post office accounts. If you do not have a bank account then you can easily create an Online Post Office Account.
Post Office Account Opening
If you open an account only in the post office, then nowadays the government provides you many facilities. If you want to open post office account, then you can learn post office account opening online in this article. Apart from this, we have told about Post Office Account Balance Inquiry By SMS in this post.
Post Office Account Required Eligibility
The eligibility required to open an account in a post office is mentioned below:-
- You must be 10 years of age or above.
- A person suffering from mental illness can also open a Post Office Account.
- Two or three persons can open a group account in a post office. In which all the members will have equal share.
- The Post Office does not allow the opening of Institutional Accounts, Group Accounts, Officer Capacity Accounts or Security Accounts.
Documents Required to Open a Post Office Bank Account
Before opening a bank account in a post office, know that for opening a post office bank account, you must have some necessary documents, whose names are mentioned below:-
- Aadhar Card
- photo ration card
- Passport (not required)
- Identity card
- BPL card or MNREGA job card
- 10th mark sheet (not required)
- Mobile number
- Passport size photo
Post Office Account Opening
It is quite easy to open an online post office account. Both adults and minors can do this without any hassle. By opening an account as per the rules of the post office, you can easily deposit money in it and also get the interest fixed by the post office.
To do Post Office Account Opening, follow the steps given below:-
- For this, first of all go to the nearest post office.
- By going to the post office, you will have to get the post office savings account opening form from there. You can also download the Post Office Account Opening Form whose link is given below.
- In this form, you have to fill all the information asked:- Name, Father’s Name, Address, Aadhar Card Number, Mobile Number, Email ID.
- After filling all the information correctly, a copy of the relevant documents will have to be attached with the form.
- After attaching the documents this form should be submitted to the concerned officer by going to the post office.
- After that you can open your account by depositing the amount as decided by the post office.
- Let us now know what is the process to download Post Office Account Opening Form.
Post Office Account Opening Form Online
If you want to download the application form for opening account in post office then click on PDF Download.
After downloading the form open it.
After this take a print out of the form and fill it properly and submit it to the post office.
Online Post Office Account Activate
How to Activate Post Office Account for Internet Banking? The detailed process for this is given below:-
- You will receive an SMS from India Post on your mobile number within 48 hours of submitting the Bank Account Open Form at the Post Office.
- After receiving the SMS, go to the portal of Post Internet Login and click on the option of New User Activation.
- Enter Customer Id and Account Id. (The CIF ID given on the first page of the passbook is the customer ID and the account number is the account ID).
- After filling all this click on Continue.
- Now set your internet banking login and transaction password in the next page.
- After this you will be asked some easy security questions which everyone can answer.
How to Login to Post Office Account?
To login to the Post Office Account, go to the DOP E-Banking portal and login here by entering your User ID and other information. After this you will be able to take advantage of all these facilities.
- Can manage payee.
- Can initiate fund transfer within the DOP.
- You can withdraw PPF.
- Can view scheduled transactions.
- PPF can contribute or repay the loan.
- RD can be submitted.
- Can view all transactions and incomplete transactions.
- Apart from these you can also change the login and transaction password.
Post Office Account Rules
- Post Office Saving Account is also similar to a bank account, but it has an interest rate of up to 4%.
You must have at least Rs 50 pass in your account.
- If the account holder deposits any additional amount, in that case the deposit will be refunded. The interest rate is applicable only from the date of opening of the Post Office Savings Account till the date of withdrawal.
- If the MIS is in the CBS Post Office, the monthly interest rate amount can be credited to the Savings Account opened in any CBS Post Office.
- The interest earned on deposits by the account holder is fully taxable.
- If the account holder does not claim the interest rate every month, no additional interest will be available.
- Interest from post office savings account can be withdrawn through auto credit from the account available in post office or ECS.
Post Office Account Balance Enquiry By SMS
To know the balance of your post office account by SMS, you have to activate SMS FACILITY. For this, first you have to send an SMS by typing REGISTER to 7738062873 from your registered mobile number. After this, whenever you want to check your bank balance, then send SMS by writing BAL to this number. Bank account balance information will be sent to you via SMS.
How to Check Post Office Account Balance
The process to check balance by SMS is explained above. Apart from this, you can also check bank balance on the India Post Payment Bank app.
- Download IPPB MOBILE APP on your mobile and enter your account number, date of birth and mobile number.
- Now an OTP will come on your registered mobile number which you will have to verify.
- After OTP verification, set M-PIN to sign in.
- Now in the Dashboard section, you can check the balance of your Post Office Savings Account.
|Join Telegram Group